Snack Mix with Sun Dried Figs and Rosemary Salt
Enjoy a new twist on a family favorite holiday treat! As kids, we looked forward to Chex Mix season, which in our house was from Thanksgiving until Christmas. My mom would make it every year, and we kids devoured it. I still love this cereal snack mix. It reminds me of Fall and family gatherings. Here is a twist on the original recipe that elevates it just a bit with dried figs and seasoned salt. The figs add a nice chewy and sweet contrast to the salty crunch. The Rosemary Salt adds a hint of aroma that pairs nicely with the peanuts and figs.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter or vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Eatwell Farm’s Rosemary Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 1/2 cups Rice or Corn Chex cereal, or similar type of cereal
- 4 1/2 cups Wheat Chex cereal, or similar type of cereal
- 3 cups bite-sized pretzels
- 1 cup roasted, salted or unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup Full Belly Farm’s Sun Dried Figs
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Small pot
- 2 sheet pans
Preheat the oven to 250º
Melt butter in a small pan. Add Worcestershire, salt, garlic and onion powder and mix.
Take 2T of butter mixture and toss with figs in a small bowl and set aside.
Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and pour butter mixture on top and gently mix.
Transfer cereal mix to baking sheets and spread out evenly. Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp, 40-45 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes and place in a large bowl and mix in figs. Serve.